On 16/09/01 13:09, kp kirchdoerfer wrote:
> HI;
>
> Am Mittwoch, 31. August 2016, 19:49:43 schrieb groups, freeman:
>> I seem to need the an AMD 79C970 driver (which is fulfilled by PCnet32)
>> for my VMWare Player v5 testbed.
>>
>> [...]
> Yes you are right, and yes it will be added into next version.
>
> kp
Super, thanks!

I also discovered a workaround for the interim - by adding the
not-configurable-by-GUI line:
   ethernet0.virtualDev = "e1000"

to the VM's .vmx configfile. (Also valid, to VMware v5 anyway, are
'vmxnet,' 'vmxnet3,' 'e1000e' and 'vlance' [the default and the source
of my need for the AMD driver] though IIRC none had drivers within LEAF).

KP, might you consider also the addition of the vmxnet3 adapter?
(/drivers/net/vmxnet3 folder in the kernel tree.) Per VMware's KB
article "Choosing a network adapter for your virtual machine (1001805)"
(
https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1001805

) it's billed as "the next generation of a paravirtualized NIC designed
for performance".

In any case thanks again for everyone's work on supporting LEAF!