Poul-Henning Kamp said:

>> Okay (I didn't have the standard in front of me). That still allows
>> floating point.
>
> And that wouldn't matter, the objective is to make a random number.

But what would matter is that time_t on my machine and yours might be
completely different. On yours it might be a floating point version of the
POSIX value, while on mine it might be Julian date, using fractions to
represent the time of day.

--
Clive D.W. Feather     | If you lie to the compiler,
cl...@davros.org       | it will get its revenge.