On 1/29/2011 8:55 AM,  Daniel R. Tobias allegedly wrote:

Is there actually anybody on any side of the great time scale debates
who advocates sending government agents to people's homes to ensure
that all their clocks are set to the "correct" standard, possibly
arresting my mom because she sets a clock about 15 minutes fast to
encourage herself not to be late for things because she tends to
dawdle in the morning?

I don't know about sheriffs, but the "Steve Allen Memorial Gripe" has been notorious for more decades than I care to admit.

--
        --Paul