Rob Seaman said:
>> But how long term is that? Does anyone have figures on how far back or
>> forward I can project based on that figure? What was the length of the day
>> in the time of the dinosaurs?
>
> The abstract to the reference in Steve's reply rather suggests a number of 22
> SI-hours at 620 MYA (ymmv).

The whole paper suggests:
    18.8 hours at 2450 Ma
    20.8 hours at  900 Ma
    21.9 hours at  620 Ma

Converting the paper's numbers into smooth curves for angular momentum and
lunar distance and then back-calculating, that projects into the future as:

    30   hours at 1000 My
    48   hours at 2100 My

The latter, allegedly, is when increased solar radiation will boil the
oceans and effectively stop tidal coupling.

--
Clive D.W. Feather          | If you lie to the compiler,
Email: cl...@davros.org     | it will get its revenge.