On Sep 19, 2011, at 9:59 AM, Rob Seaman wrote:

> Rather I love the coherent collection of requirements.  Still find it
> interesting that none of my more "creative" talking points gets under the
> skin like simply recommending that coherent system engineering best practices
> be followed.

We agree on that, just disagree what the coherent system requirements are.

> Usual comment about apparent solar time being a red herring.  Consider the
> fact that we moved from apparent solar timekeeping to mean solar timekeeping.

Not at all a red-herring, but rather making a subtle point that we've already
moved off of apparent solar time.  We're not even using mean solar time, but
mean solar time at some arbitrary location.  Each step is a step away from
being tied to the sun.  There are many more steps possible, up to and including
just going with atomic time and forgetting the sun.

Warner