In message <20111117112629.ga1...@davros.org>, "Clive D.W. Feather" writes:
>Poul-Henning Kamp said:

>>      Notation for the TIMEDATE48 type
>>
>>      Definition
>>      A structured type expressing the absolute time in number
>>      of seconds since Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC), 00:00:00,
>>      1st January 1970 (Unix and ANSI-C format).
>
>Could you please tell them [...]

I could tell them a whole lot of things with respect to that document,
but it would make absolutely no difference if I did, because trains
worth north of 20B$ have been built according to that spec, and
they are not going to reopen every single security approval just
because of leap seconds.

p...@freebsd.org         | TCP/IP since RFC 956