Le 18/01/2012 15:24, Zefram a écrit :

Suppose we have UTC0 which aims to track UT1 within 1 s and schedules
leaps a year in advance, which is nearly the current UTC.  Then UTC1
aims to track UT1 within 10 s, and schedules leaps a decade in advance.
UTC2 aims to track UT1 within 100 s, and schedules leaps a century
in advance.  And so on, for those with really long planning horizons.
Users of UTC should switch to whichever version of UTC meets their needs.
A specific choice of UTC<n>  implicitly documents the actual tracking
and stability requirements of a system, where currently these are often
hidden due to not having such options available.
Out side of a few seconds, I suspect the unpredictability of UT1 would make useful predictions problematic, even if a need was identified.