Rob Seaman said:
>> Who has an actual requirement for an approximation of UT to 1s?
> Almost everybody,

Oh?

I need an approximation of civil time to somewhere between 30s (when
catching a local train or watching a television programme [1]) and 5
minutes (when attending an internal meeting).

I have no requirement for any approximation to UT at all. Not even for
lighting-up time; I put my car headlights on when it starts to look dark or
when I see the sun near the horizon.

I suspect the vast majority of people are like me.

[1] But often I'll let the DVR record it automatically, then watch it a
while later when I can skip through the adverts and/or boring bits.

--
Clive D.W. Feather          | If you lie to the compiler,
Email: cl...@davros.org     | it will get its revenge.