On 2015-03-09 08:40 AM, Tony Finch wrote:
Brooks Harris <bro...@edlmax.com> wrote:
On 2015-03-07 03:01 PM, Steve Allen wrote:

I would say that the intent NTP and POSIX is to correspond to civil
time in contemporary use.  Therefore, for dates before 1972-01-01
NTP and POSIX are counting seconds of UT.
This paragraph in your email had me scratching my head a little.

I think none of the "civil" timescales are counting in UT - they are
measured in SI Seconds, even when prolpetic to 1972.

Am I missing something here?
POSIX time is defined by a mapping from broken-down civil time labels to a
scalar value. Currently civil time is UTC; in the past it was some other
variant of UT.

Hi Tony,

So "UT" here is referring generally to the many variants of historical "UT", including today's UTC. I see. Thanks.

-Brooks

Tony.