> On Apr 29, 2015, at 3:32 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp <p...@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:
>
>   http://iopscience.iop.org/0295-5075/110/1/10002/article

        The files extend from 1962 January 1, when the Consultative Committee on
        International Radio (CCIR) established Universal Time Coordinated (UTC)
        as the standard for time keeping, to the most current date available.

I notice that this is one of the few un-footnoted facts presented in this paper.

Otherwise a very interesting paper to read. I wonder if this correlation will
persist
in the coming years? I also wonder how predictive the LOD curve fit will be over
the next decade or two?

Warner