Thanks Tony,

On 2016-12-02 10:03 AM, Tony Finch wrote:
Brooks Harris <bro...@edlmax.com> wrote:

Can you explain that copyright issue further? I was under the impression
Bulletin C and related from IERS were public.
There was a discussion of this issue on the tz list in February:
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2016-February/023171.html

Tony.

I see the discussion. On quick review, as I understand it, IERS Bulletin C is the single most official Leap Second announcement document -

Bulletin C 52
https://hpiers.obspm.fr/eoppc/bul/bulc/bulletinc.52

It does not have any copyright claims on it I can identify. Not do the other related files, like https://hpiers.obspm.fr/eoppc/bul/bulc/Leap_Second_History.dat.

Seems to me any copyright claim would defeat the IERS purposes. Seems to me if there were such it would have to be stated in Bulletin C itself.

Where did anyone learn there is some copyright issue with IERS documents?

-Brooks