On Jan 9, 2006, at 12:20 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

I think this shows how little you understand of the entire thing.

Quite right!  Hear, hear!  But what I do understand has yet to be
demonstrated to be fallacious.

Several SI units are defined relative to the second these days and
therefore everybody involved in metrology have had nothing but
contempt for the notion of changing the second length.

"Contempt" is a strong word, but I agree with your assessment - as
the link provided also demonstrated.

Your further ad hominem comments I discount out of regard for the
list.  I renew the offer to buy you a beer at some future meeting.

Rob