John Crispin <j...@phrozen.org> writes:
> On 19/05/2016 14:48, Bjørn Mork wrote:
>> John Crispin <j...@phrozen.org> writes:

>>> we are working on a solution to resolve this in the best possible manner
>>> for everyone involved. please be patient for a few more days.
>>
>> Any status update from the cabal?  Maybe it's time to remove the
>>
>>   "Establishing transparent decision processes with broad community
>>    participation and public meetings. "
>>
>> goal from the web site now? You can put it back later when you make it a
>> priority.
>>

>> Bjørn
>>

> we had various meetings all were public, people have been more active
> than before and all decision made so far have been active.
>
> was this just a drive by shooting or were you planning to achieve
> anything useful by this mail ?

Maybe just drive-by..

But I believe you should realize that for an outsider, the "we are
working on a solution" does not sound too good.  It is unclear who "we"
are, but it is very clear that it excludes the reader.  This is
defintitely not an invitation to participate.  And the completely
contentless "a solution" just emphasize that. Not exactly opening up for
public discussion.

And it has been more than a few days now... Or maybe I'm not patient
enough.

Yes, I understand perfectly well that resources are scarce, and that I
have no right to point to these issues while not actually contributing
myself. But all the problems you listed with the OpenWrt project were
similar - lack of resources. Forking to solve that problem will not
help. Which is why I try to give you a hard time now.  Don't know if I
have enough "oomph" to actually do that.  If you don't see that LEDE is
OpenWrt with less developers, then someone must point that out to you.

Yes, this is extremely unfair.  Just like the I'm sure some developers
saw the original LEDE announcement.  Good intentions are not enough.
It's the result that matters.

Bjørn