On Wed,  1 Jun 2016 16:32:47 +0200
Jo-Philipp Wich <j...@mein.io> wrote:

> This is a simple patch series I use locally to better identify x86
> devices, I'd appreciate any opinions and testing feedback on it.
>
> Jo-Philipp Wich (3):
>   x86: enable CONFIG_DEVMEM
>   packages: import dmidecode
>   x86: include dmidecode by default and use it to populate sysinfo

You can use sysfs instead of devmem.

config DMI_SYSFS
        tristate "DMI table support in sysfs"
        depends on SYSFS && DMI
        default n
        help
          Say Y or M here to enable the exporting of the raw DMI table
          data via sysfs.  This is useful for consuming the data without
          requiring any access to /dev/mem at all.  Tables are found
          under /sys/firmware/dmi when this option is enabled and
          loaded.

There is also an dmi parser, because some drivers depend on DMI
informations.

/sys/devices/virtual/dmi/id
bios_date
bios_vendor
bios_version
board_asset_tag
board_name
board_serial
board_vendor
board_version
chassis_asset_tag
chassis_serial
chassis_type
chassis_vendor
chassis_version
modalias
power
product_name
product_serial
product_uuid
product_version
subsystem
sys_vendor
uevent

Best,
lynxis
--
Alexander Couzens

mail: lyn...@fe80.eu
jabber: lyn...@fe80.eu
mobile: +4915123277221
gpg: 390D CF78 8BF9 AA50 4F8F  F1E2 C29E 9DA6 A0DF 8604