Just to transport the idea what I'm thinking of:
take set_wifi_led as an example. Imagine the function was built like this:

> set_wifi_led() {
>       case $# in
>               1|\
>               2)
>                       ucidef_set_led_netdev "wifi_led" "wifi" "${1}"
> "${2:-wlan0}"
>                       ;;
>               4)
>                       ucidef_set_led_netdev "${1}" "${2}" "${3}" "${4}"
>                       ;;
>               *)
>                       echo "Something went wrong"
>                       ;;
>       esac
> }

Then we'd have a single function capable of all LED configurations and could
replace the (wild?) mix of different function calls in the 01_leds file.
However, the question that arises for me: why not directly put this
functionality in ucidef_set_led_usbdev ?
No more need to maintain different (local) functions for each platform.

Best regards,
P. Wassi