11.09.2016 17:43, Chris Blake:
Additionally, it appears that other devices like the ZyXEL NBG6616 may
be affected by this.

I'm working on the same at the moment. And till now the ZyXEL NBG6616 and the Ubiquiti UAP Pro are affected by the same error as well. I'm compiling a few more targets to check for more affected devices.

@nbd

I would like to get rid of the optional padding parameter for append-kernel/append-rootfs and force the use of pad-to. It is way more obvious what is done and it throws an error in case the param is missing. At the moment I'm using pad-to to find more of these kind of errors.

Any opinion on that?

Mathias