On 02/22/2017 08:21 AM, Daniel Golle wrote:
> Add new dt-bindings precompiler include to replace numerical default
> VLAN assignments with more meaningful descriptive values, such that
> 0x3f -> VLAN_CONFIG_LLLLL
> 0x2f -> VLAN_CONFIG_LLLLW
> 0x3e -> VLAN_CONFIG_WLLLL
>
> In that we we get the best of both worlds: the usability of having
> strings and all the freedom and simplicity of having just an 8-bit
> field.

Why not bite the bullet and just migrate to the new DSA binding which
allows you to describe all switch ports more exhaustively. That does not
mean you need to implement a DSA switch register driver, but that does
not mean you can't use use the same binding to describe your HW.

See, e.g:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9493039/
--
Florian