On 2017-02-26 16:00, Alberto Bursi wrote:

On 2017-02-26 15:35, Alberto Bursi wrote:

On 02/26/2017 03:20 PM, Torbjorn Jansson wrote:
Hello.

i just upgraded my wrt160nl from CC to the new LEDE stable release.
things workes but i cant install anything.

opkg update works at least one time, then i get errors trying to install
something.
errors like:
 * xsystem: wget: vfork: Out of memory.

any idea why?

The device has 32MB of RAM and fixes to default system leave less ram
for opkg and other programs.

Opkg was altered to use an order of magnitude less RAM so it could work
again, but that came too late for LEDE 17.01 release.

According to jow, the opkg fix will get in the LEDE 17.01.1 that will
happen in March.

see bugreport here
https://bugs.lede-project.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=120

In the meantime, either use snapshot/trunk or stay on CC.

-Alberto

i see
if i only could install the needed packages to get my usb stick working
then i could enable the swap partition again and work around this.

In my testing (I also have some affected devices), swap on USB did not help.

-Alberto

i commented out most of the feeds in /etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf to get the needed kernel modules and packages installed so i could get my usb stick working.

then i enabled swap partition on usb stick and restored all feeds.
opkg update and later installs seems to work.