Jeroen De Vlieger writes:

>> Importing ledger like this only works after you've done a 'make install'.
>> created the 'python' verb simply for running the Python demo scripts
>> directly
>> out of a build tree.  You could also edit your PYTHONPATH and it would work
>> with normal importing that way too.
>>
> And what would need to be included in the pythonpath to make 'import
> ledger'  work?
> Where does the ledger python module live?

I'm also wondering this.  It doesn't look like there's any nice ledger
directory that can be added to the pythonpath.  I'd expect something
like:

  ./python-lib/ledger/__init__.py

the "ledger python" verb is also not working here, so not sure how to do
this without doing a make install (which would make keeping up with git
development a bit harder maybe?)