John Wiegley wrote:
> I would need real accountants to weigh in here before being willing to
> commit to code changes.

I've talked to multiple accountants about the issue of rounding and none of
them seem to be all that worried about it, frankly.

Their argument is that a rounding error is not material and therefore doesn't
matter.

My argument is that if you have a series of rounding errors, they can add up
to a material amount over time.

The answer I usually get back is that simply documenting how rounding should
is handled and making sure the rule is applied consistently is sufficient.
That's why I think it's fine to simply make it configurable on the reporting
side.

I think it's rarely going to be the case that accountants take issue with any
rounding system as long as it's well documented and clear.

That's why I've suggested we just have it as configurable as possible on what
Ledger-CLI outputs: then, users can implement whatever rounding rules they
want.

   -- bkuhn