BTW, there are now some warnings related to system.hh when running acprep.
This is on ubuntu 14.04 (latest).

----------------------------------------------------------- snip
Scanning dependencies of target ledger
[ 90%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/ledger.dir/main.cc.o
/home/thierry/ledger/src/main.cc:32:21: warning:
/home/thierry/ledger/system.hh.gch: created and used with different
settings of -fpic [enabled by default]
 #include <system.hh>
                     ^
[ 91%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/ledger.dir/global.cc.o
/home/thierry/ledger/src/global.cc:32:21: warning:
/home/thierry/ledger/system.hh.gch: created and used with different
settings of -fpic [enabled by default]
 #include <system.hh>
                     ^
Linking CXX executable ../ledger