On Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 6:58:40 AM UTC-5, Ajoeibin wrote:

> If all time must have value then joy in life has been dropped from the
> equation.
> Without joy or beauty, for its own sake, then time is only value and value
> does
> not nourish all parts of the person.

 I think I feel the same. There seems to be a time to "tighten the belt"
and observe for a short duration and merely as an experiment the time that
one spends accomplishing tasks that they would otherwise prefer to pay
someone else to do.

This is especially true if one is in a position where an hour spent working
is money gained. A software engineer contractor is a good example. A
contractor can bill for work at any hour of the day. If the contractor can
bill $100/hr and pay someone $15/hr to mow their lawn, it is a financially
wise decision to contract out that unpleasant task!

But I think for the average person, thinking about time this way should be
left in the abstract or napkin math. It seems to lead down a path of
obsessiveness.

… says the person who logs every financial transaction he makes, manual and
automated. LOL.