Hi list!

I'd like to use the `assert` directive to do a balance assertion of an account
after `include`ing a journal file. I can't add the balance assertion to the
included journal itself. I tried something like this:

assert amount account(assets:checking) == 27585.33 CNY

It just says that the assertion failed, which I'm sure is because I haven't
understood how to use value expressions.

I read the documentation and noted that in section 11.1.1, there's a variable
labelled "a" which says "... the balance of an account, without considering
children". I tried to use that, but ledger returned "unknown identifier".

I realized I could just add a transaction that assigns the balance of
assets:checking, but that doesn't seem like the best way to do it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to assert an account's balance with
`assert` or in some other way?

Thanks!

Randy