On Tue, Jun 09 2020, dersuchmann wrote:
How can I adjust tabstops in ledger-mode? I'd like to have different columns for the amounts so I can use the tab key to jump to the first amount column, then use tab key again to jump to the second amount column.

I'm new to ledger and ledger-mode myself, but AFAICT you should be able to achieve this by setting `ledger-mode-auto-align` to `nil` to keep ledger-mode from auto-aligning transactions, and `tab-always-indent` to `nil` to ensure that the TAB key inserts a TAB character (or an equivalent number of spaces) when the cursor is not at the beginning of the line. A quick test suggests that it honours `tab-width` or `tab-stop-list`.

That way you could keep two amount columns, though you'll probably have to do some manual work to make sure columns are aligned on the decimal separator.

HTH

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments