Hi all,

I use a metadata value "Desc" in some of my transactions to give a bit more info to particular postings. Now, if I run something like the following on a command line:

$ ledger -f MyLedger.ledger reg Some:Account --meta Desc --meta-width 40

I get a report in which each line starts with the value of the Desc tag.

However, I have not been able to do the same from within Emacs' `ledger-mode`. If I run a report with `C-c C-o C-r`, select `account`, then type "Some:Account" at the prompt, I get a report which I can then edit with `e`. If I do this and add "--meta Desc", the report doesn't change: there is no column for the value of "Desc".

I can copy the `*Ledger Report*` buffer and paste it in a terminal window and then I get the correct output. i.e., *with* a column for "Desc". But the `*Ledger Report*` buffer doesn't show it.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Adding other options to the ledger command this way works fine, so I'm not sure why this one seems to be ignored.

TIA

Joost

--
Joost Kremers