On Wednesday, 8 July 2020 16:45:45 UTC+2, Randy wrote:

> I’ve rolled my own version of the full-fledged hledger noted in the
> hledger docs, where I’m mainly just using hledger to process the CSVs and
> ledger for the rest.

Sounds interesting, if you've written something about your setup please
share a link.

> I was considering splitting assets and expenses by currency like below,
> but that could also make things a bit harder to read.

I've found the Beancount account naming conventions useful, it suggests
adding a country code to each account:
https://beancount.github.io/docs/18_command_line_accounting_cookbook.html#account-naming-conventions

And to limit transactions I just use the cur filter in hledger, e.g:
hledger bal cur:USD

Kind regards,
Andreas