Hello,

I started to use ledger recently for tracking finances and the primary
inputs
my ledger is my checking account and credit card statement. Using a
rudimentary
python script, I parse out these statements to populate the ledger.

For credit card bill payment transactions, I have duplicate transactions
and I use
UUID metadata to drop of them. My script uses a UUID format of
<date>:<cc-bill>
while parsing the statement.

See suggestion here from reddit Dealing with Duplicate Transactions
<https://www.reddit.com/r/plaintextaccounting/comments/c17kfc/dealing_with_duplicate_transactions_from/>

I'd like to therefore double check at any time, I had same UUID used more
than
twice. Does ledger allow for reporting transactions based on UUID
filtering?

Any other options to make sure UUIDs are not duplicate for more than one
pair
of transactions?

An example of the transactions that I am talking about

2020/01/09 * BANK OF AMERICA CREDIT CARD Bill Payment