Hello,

I just upgraded to ledger-mode 4.0.0 and was bitten by the change in tab
completion.
I did find information about how to set it "back" to the way it was before,
alas it's not. My source was through this issue (
https://github.com/ledger/ledger-mode/issues/178) to the docs that tell me
to add

(add-hook 'ledger-mode-hook
(lambda ()
(setq-local tab-always-indent 'complete)
(setq-local completion-cycle-threshold t)
(setq-local ledger-complete-in-steps t)))

to my config. This is an improvement, but it falls back to helm and makes
the selection from a separate temporary buffer.
Prior, selection of e.g. "Dépenses:Maison:Divers" and "Actif:Caisse:CP
Courant"

Account selection is essentially the <tab> and the ':' keys.

All of this is very predictable given my account structure, and I do not
need to go to another buffer and check that it got the right list. Also,
it's always the same key.

Now (with helm) I get

Many keys involved, and confirmation of action is somewhere else on the
screen. I find this far less efficient and hindering me entering fast
transactions.

*Question: what was the completion framework before ? And can this be setup
just for ledger-mode ?*

Thanks,
Pascal