I've used timetracking mode extensively for about a decade now. I'm always
learning new things about ledger but I feel I've got a lot of experience
with that particular mode because I've been using it to track my time for
more than half of my professional life ;-)

Unfortunately, you have to enter the time in fill HH:MM:SS. I've not found
an option that enables eliding the seconds.

JW will probably respond with input on the latter.