* 'Dave Webb' via Ledger <ledger-cli@googlegroups.com> [2023-02-18 11:53]:
> 2016-09-25 X
>   Expenses:Other  £ 2
>   Assets:Cash  = £ 1
>
> 2016-09-26 X
>   Expenses:Other  £ 1
>   Assets:Cash   = £ 1       ; I would expect this to fail

If I change the last transaction to:

2016-09-26 X
  Expenses:Other  £ 1
  Assets:Cash   = £ 1       ; I would expect this to fail

then I get:
 with 3.2.1:
   Error: Only one posting with null amount allowed per transaction
 with 3.3.0:
   2016-09-25 X          Assets:Cash               £ -2
                         x                         £ -1

so it seems the "Assets:Cash" posting is treated as not having an
amount.

BTW, if I rename "Assets:Cash" to another account it works fine.

So the problem is 2 balance assignments to the same account after
each other.

There are some open bug reports but I'm not sure this is covered
already.
--
Martin Michlmayr
https://www.cyrius.com/