Hello Ryan,

On Mon, Feb 27, 2023 at 01:29:46PM -0600, Ryan Nowakowski wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2023 at 05:11:46PM +0100, Alexis wrote:
> > > Alternatively and perhaps more interesting, you could create a separate
> > > python package on PyPI that depends on ledger.  That would allow you to
> > > iterate more quickly than the current pace of ledger releases.
> >
> > Interesting idea, thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into what is
> > needed to make it happen. Though I do like Ledger's Python API to be
> > so close to the native code. I need to dabble around with it to get
> > a better understanding of the pros and cons.
>
> Let me know if you need someone to bounce ideas off of.

Thanks for the offer, Ryan, much appreciated. I have a personal project
that I could use to get a feel for backwards compatible Ledger Python
API changes and also get acquainted with the process of creating
and maintaining a Python Package dependent on Ledger's Python Package
/ Module.

> The gist below pretty much covers it.

Great, I'll have a closer look.

> In priority order:
>
> 1. Comprehensive API documentation
> 2. A Quickstart guide

Ideally comprehensive API would be generated from code. Do you happen
to have any knowledge or experience with that?

In your mind is demo.py¹ a good starting point for a quickstart guide
that mainly needs some prose for explanation?
If not, is there an example of a good and helpful quickstart guide
that you've come across and could share?

Best
Alexis

¹ https://github.com/ledger/ledger/blob/master/python/demo.py