Hi

Ledger's internal session handling is getting in your way here.
The way it is has been bothering me for quite some as it does
not work as I think it should, but that is for another time and debate.

In order to read journals multiple times they need to be closed
in between. The following works for me:

  % python
  >>> import ledger
  >>> journal = ledger.read_journal('test/input/drewr3.dat')
  >>> len(journal)
  11
  >>> ledger.close_journal_files()
  >>> journal = ledger.read_journal('test/input/drewr3.dat')
  >>> len(journal)
  11

May I ask for what purpose you plan to use Ledger Python and would
you be okay with me contacting you outside of this list?

Best
Alexis