Ridsdale a visionary I've heard it all now. Spending money you ain't got isn't
really very clever is it, certainly not visionary.

Sent from my iPhone

On 30 Aug 2010, at 09:32, "Robert Heath" <rhe...@mis-munich.de> wrote:

Anybody hear the Today programme this morning?

There was a big item about how football has become a closed shop at the top,
and they chose to use Leeds to illustrate the point. It was all a rehash of
stuff we have all heard before. The best bit was when they replayed commentary
of Allan Clarke's goal in the 1972 Cup Final.

Reflecting on the item, though, reminded me of my opinion, expressed here
before and widely criticised, that Ridsdale was right. More than that, he was a
visionary..............he saw the way things were going, and realised that
Leeds had to claw their way into the elite group because if they waited it
would be too late. The real villain of our collapse was
O'Leary...............he was given the resources to get us permanently in the
Champions League, but he failed to deliver.