Finishing mid-table will be satisfactory this season - we are perfectly equiped
to finish in mid table, and sadly it appears, no higher! That team will win
some games, but it is the manner of the ones we lose that is quite disturbing -
think Barnsley, Preston and now Cardiff, who are a much better team than the
other 2.

Let's just chalk off the actual result last night as being beaten by a much
better team who are very experienced at this level, and have just had the
introduction of a player, in Bellamy, who really was lighting up the Premier
League last year. We got George McCartney on loan!

Problems:

Team pattern is disturbing. Midfield CONSTANTLY knocks ball back to defenders
to do something creative with it - they creatively hoof it forward! This loses
possesion so many time I could have kicked the TV in!!

Midfield - it'd be nice to have one! I'd rather see 4 cloggers who ruin games
than an invisible bunch who let teams swamp us.

Defence - frighteningly basic mistakes. Poor positional sense, often way out of
position, easily stretched. In short, a shambles! Can't say that Bruce is much
of a chip of the old block either - a shaving perhaps?

Defensive midfield - if Faye is going to play then he needs to understand that
he doesn't go further than 20 yeards from his own box. Too often he drifted
forward last night, leaving whacking great holes.

Bechio - ah yes - I'm doing a bit of a Rich here - watching his closely. Threw
himself to the floor 4 times in 'agony', yet when Bothroyd put in a potential
leg-breaker he hopped up like nothing had happened. Is he on a course of
stupidity tablets?? He was truly pants the rest of the game, and his one-touch
lay-offs from just behind the front-line to any central defender unfortunate
enough to get one pinged at him at high speed, and dubious direction, drive me
mad. Target men hold the ball up!! While I remember, what a tw*t Peter Beagrie
is - just how the hell did he get on Sky TV. All the platitudes about Bechio
constantly trotted out - what's wrong with using your eyes??

Somma - bad night, but no service, and often ended up on the wing, which is
definitely where he shouldn't be!

Positives - liked the look of Nunez - a bit small but had some skill. I'd like
to see Somma and Cormack, still the best pairing I've seen for us this season,
with Nunez playing just off them. I don't see there are any magic answers about
defensive and midfield organisation, aside from hard work to ensure we don't
get tupped like last night on a regular basis.

Reality is we haven't got enough good players to even remotely challenge for
promotion - the questions is have we got enough to stay up? I think so, but
nights like last night don't do us any good, and Grayson has to up his game.

As a club we've forgotten what mediocre is all about. We've all seen really
good, and we've definitely seen really bad, but mediocre takes some getting
used to!

John