It was.
It now isn't.
Once you had no idea what the interviewers personal opinion was, but you did
know what the person being interviewed opinions were.
Now it is the complete opposite.
They hector and bully the people they interview and you are only used on a
programme if you 'contribute' to the guiding directors opinion. If not you are
edited out.
They are out to make points. But it's their points. Part of the 'group think'.
Single handed the BBC has cheapened journalism. There is no longer freedom of
expression.
There is a monopoly on opinions. And the BBC was in the vanguard.
To add insult to injury they vilify those who don't share their opinion and
glorify their own and their actions.
As an ex pat I  am deeply ashamed of this transformation from something that
was something to be proud of.

Michael

Sent from my iPad
Dr. Michael Benjamin