Towards the end of the game last night we got a throw in on the edge of the 6yd
box. Bromby, our long throw man ,tried to take it from the edge of the area
(probably so he could take a run up from the gap in the advertising hoarding /
steps)  but the ref made him move it forward to where the ball went out.
I thought that as long as you did not pinch yards / take it from further
forward you could basically take a throw in from anywhere ?
Or is it just that normally you are trying to gain an unfair advantage when
taking it further forward. whereas generally it makes no difference when you
take it further back, and so refs turn a blind eye ?
I think that the ref on Sat did something similar and made one of ours take the
throw from where it went out rather than 5yds further back but I don't recall
it happening before