This is not rapturous news but maybe of some small interest, I always liked
Prutton.

Dave S
Singapore Whites

Owls complete double swoop
Wednesday have made their first signings since the end of the season in the
shape of former Leeds United man David Prutton and former loanee Rob Jones.

Vital reported earlier today that the duo were close to penning deals at
Hillsborough, and the club has officially announced both as new Owls players
this afternoon.

Both have signed two-year deals and have signed on free transfers, with Jones
arriving from Scunthorpe United and Prutton signing from Swindon Town.

Jones made a big impression while on loan at Wednesday from the Iron last
season, making eight appearances at centre-back, while Prutton comes in to
bolster the Owls midfield.

Owls boss Gary Megson said: 'Our supporters are well aware of the qualities of
Rob Jones and I'm really pleased that we've been able to secure him on a
permanent contract.

'I've admired David Prutton for a long time and first and foremost he has
character and he will put demands on everybody else.'

Megson revealed that he is keen to add nine players to bolster his squad over
the summer. Two down, seven to go.