Don't think any of those have been "about to happen". Of the ex-players, the only official word was on Smith and that was a bunch of ifs from Bates. The rest is just idle ex-player on a free tosh.

And Johnson's contract isn't up till the end of June, so Norwich can't sign him until then (or we cancel it, as for Beckford last year).

- Si