> Without any service to Howson or McCormack, or later Paynter, they
> couldn't do much.  There isn't a striker in teh world that can score a
> goal if he never gets the ball.

And Paynter can't score when he does get the ball!  I think that 4-5-1 was
forced on us because of the injuries the Becchio and Sommma.  Going 4-4-2
would have meant that Paynter had to start.  4-5-1 seems all the rage
these days with wingers playing so they can cut inside onto their stronger
foot (think how many goeals Gradel scored doing this last season).  For us
to do it thought, we need someone to hold up the ball in attack, and the
only player we have capable of doing this was injured.