From: DAVID NATTAN <david.nat...@btinternet.com>
To: list leedslist <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Sent: Fri, 12 August, 2011 13:52:41
Subject: Re: [LU] Lorimer

I did put in my report that i did not like the booing of O'Brien and asked
whether it was lack of pre season or if his legs have gone BUT two things1. I
have never been impressed with O'B - I did not think he did enough on loan to
warrant being taken on full time - he did not shore up the defence the same way
Sodje or Naylor had done when on loan, rather he was the (almost) ever present
leader in an awful defence last season.2. The fans have had enough, both of the
defence being so sloppy (Dom Matteo calls it right) and with the lack of
investment in that part of the team. Yes it is a bit bad that one player has
maybe become the scapegoat but fans are at the end of their tether with the
'Bates Years' and when that happens other, maybe innocent people, also get
stick. As it stands the fans are mainly trying to get behind Grayson and 'the
team' but trying to let Bates know they are sick of him. Hence the "we all love
Leeds but hate Ken Bates chants"
To a degree O'Brien was a victim of that on Tuesday but it is hard to defend
his
performances.Other players, Connollly and Paynter are also likely to feel the
wrath of the crowd soom
Dave