----- Original Message ----- Unless people are clairvoyants then they cannot possibly say that he didn't save us.

Fine, but let's see what we DO know without cairvoyance and with absolute clarity. If we are careful not to BLAME Ken Bates for anything here, was can focus on what we were NOT "saved" from, whether or not it was his fault.

We actually do seem to KNOW quite a lot about what we haven't been saved from.

Ken Bates did not save us from dropping to the lowest point in the League in the entire history of the club

Ken Bates did not save us from administration and he didn't save us from not being able to obtain a CVA.

Ken Bates did not save us from being kicked out of the Football Association

Ken Bates did not save us from having to buy our way back into the Football League by means of a 15 point negotiated deduction. Was it the biggest deduction in history that we were not saved from ?

Ken Bates did not save us from not owning Elland Road

Ken Bates did not save us from not owning Thorp Arch

Ken Bates did not save us from selling our most promising players without any obvious investment of the proceeds into the playing squad.

Ken Bates did not save us from MPs calling for investigations into the financial dealings at our club.

Ken Bates did not save us from falling out with the BBC, newspapers, various other football reporters and commentators.

Ken Bates did not save us from making legal threats against supporters groups who used the name of the club.

Ken Bates did not save us from a prolonged period outside of the Premiership

Ken Bates did not save us from years of not knowing who owned the club. Well of course eventually he did. Under massive outside pressure and with very visible irritation and reluctance. He saved us from that, but very clearly it was against his wishes to do it.

So what is left ?

Somebody else can (quite fairly) make a list of things that Ken Bates has done for our club. All I'm doing is making a list of what we haven't been saved from - let alone TWICE. Even if we had missed being saved the first time you'd think we would have all recognised it when it happened a second time. Feel free to add to the list of the things that we KNOW that we haven't been saved from.

I think it was mostly the professor who was clearly out of his depth getting shafted by other clubs and agents. I don't recall any of the bidders having a convicted criminal in tow, but I'm not certain of that.