From: leedslist-boun...@gn.apc.org [mailto:leedslist-boun...@gn.apc.org] On
Behalf Of Ciarán Diver
Sent: 01 September 2011 10:08
To: leedslist@gn.apc.org
Subject: [LU] Worrying times

I have to agree with Kev and others on the concern for the season ahead.
Here's a breakdown of the changes in the squad since last year - it doesn't
make for good reading!

Out
Grella, Bessone, Gradel, Kilkenny, Johnson, Schmeichel, Naylor, Higgs

Loanies Out from last season
Watt, Livermore, Lichaj, McCartney, Gonzalez

>From the above there were 7 first team starters who are no longer with us
(Schmeichel, Naylor, Lichaj, McCartney, Kilkenny, Johnson, Gradel)

In
Lonergan, Brown

Loanies In
Keogh, O'Dea

The squad is now at a very threadbare 23 senior players (I'm ignoring the 3
youth players added to the list on the official site to bump up the numbers)
Goalies: Lonergan, Rachubka, Cairns
Defenders: Connolly, Kisnorbo, Bruce, O'Brien, Parker, Lees, Bromby, White,
O'Dea
Midfielders: Brown, Sam, Howson, Clayton, Snodgrass
Forwards: Paynter, Becchio, Nunez, Somma, Keogh, McCormack

Our midfield is very light - 5 recognised midfielders! Add in White and
Nunez who can play there but it is still a very small pool of players. Add
to that the fact we already have 2 loanies in, means we can bring in at most
3 more to the squad! I think we can forget playoffs or promotion and
concentrate on staying up this year. Bates has a lot to answer for.

Ciaran

Ciaran Diver | Senior Developer | Information Mosaic

New York | Dublin | Edinburgh | London | Luxembourg | New Delhi | Singapore
| Kuala Lumpur | Melbourne
t: +353 1 2415 200 | e:
cdi...@informationmosaic.com<mailto:cdi...@informationmosaic.com> | w:
www.informationmosaic.com<http://www.informationmosaic.com/> | t:
www.twitter.com/infomosaic

'Winner 2011 FTF News Technology Innovation Award in the Corporate Actions
Processing category for Best Industry Initiative'