Some questions for Dave
1) Who would you start with up front against Bristol City ?

2) and if your answer to question 1 doesn't answer it where would you play
Macca?

Good question Rich and I am not sure , is the real answer. From what Grayson
said Becchio is a long way from starting a game and so the easy answer is Keogh
and McCormack.They have done nothing wrong, although the fact that Keogh has
not scored nor looked like scoring (and has a poor scoring record) is a bit of
a concern , especially now Max has gone.
If (when) Becchio is fit then I think that he will replace Keogh and play
alongisde McCormack and notwithstanding the fact that I am not a huge Becchio
fan, I think I would agree with that. Of course that means dropping Keogh who
has formed a decent partnership with McC, and also means leaving Forsell out of
the team , even though his header for the winner and a couple of other touches
showed he still has class.

I assume your second question is more of a 'can McCormack play, other than up
fornt?'  For me whilst he has got something to offer playing deeper, I think
that his record shows that he is a goal scorer ( I have always viewed Becchio
as more of a second /support striker, one who does the hard work and takes the
weight off the other forwards , as he did for Beckford and hopefully will do
for McCormack) so to me McCormack has to play up front alongside the proverbial
'big man' in a 4 4 2
If we do play McCormack either in 'the hole' or as an actual midfield player in
the centre or out wide,.then who does he replace ? Nunez, Howson or Clayton if
he plays in the hole / centre mid or Sam/ Nunez if he plays out wide. Also
unless we are going to go back to 4 5 1 then we would have 2 from Becchio,
Keogh and Forsell up front - a definite invitation to go route one / long ball
all the time.
To me it all shows the total lack of balance in the squad - we have a number of
players all vying for the same spot and then other positions where we are
really struggling.
Supposedly Ian Miller in his post match interview ( we have gone down the scum
route, sending out assistants to talk to BBC) said that Pugh was nailed on to
come here - whether to replace White at left back or Max on the left wing time
will tell. He also hinted that there may be at least one other signing pre
Bristol
As for Clayton lets just hope he is fit for next week - looking forward to
seeing him directly against Kilkenny. Mind you Kilkenny will probably play out
of his skin against us - he did for Oldham and then had his best game ever for
us , his first one v Northampton when he was brilliant and we thought we had
got a great signing.