Hi Guys

I hope no one minds my asking this question, but I have never seen this list
being stumped on any question in the past as most folks have at the very
least an opinion, and often the exact gen on whatever question is asked. So
here is mine....

We have heard the stories in airports and on planes that we should not use
our mobile phones as the transmissions could interfere with aircraft
equipment - what the truth of this is I don't know. I suspect it may be
partially true, but has been greatly inflated to the airlines and security
bods favour = somewhat like the perceived terrorist threat and how it now
affects us all in many ways which really have no relevance - this is not my
question

We also see similar notices in hospitals warning us that mobile phones can
put lives in danger etc, I'm not entirely sure of this as when I was last on
a ward, and when my Paula was a few weeks ago they had no problem with
mobile phone usage, or plugging it in to charge the beast, but I accept that
in certain areas this may have an element of truth to it - this too is not
my question.

My question is this. Is there any equipment in the average GP's surgery that
can be affected by an ordinary mobile phone used in the waiting room? I have
tried hard and cannot for the life of me think of anything that could
possibly be affected - my previous GP took calls on his in the practice if
he found it necessary, and I have seen said mobiles on the desks of some of
the partners at my current practice. I would really like to know for
certain, and I'll tell you why if you ask, but it's a long and not entirely
enthralling story so be it one your own head.....

Steve