John

From: DAVID NATTAN david.nat...@btinternet.com
________________________________

.Let hope we can deliver another a good performance against a struggling Forest
on Tuesday.
 Yes, we have shown that we can match the good teams (without getting great
results) v Southampton and West Ham and away at Hull and Boro, now we need to
show we can have that same level of consistency and application against a team
that on paper we should be beating.

Shame that the crowd looks like it is going to be one of the lowest of the
season following the seasons high on Saturday.. I do wonder sometimes at Bates
business acumen for someone who is supposed to be a great businessman. I agree
that (apart from kids, who are our future and should be encouraged to attend
the odd game) that all this 'come and watch us for a fiver' type offerare no
use because it  brings fans in for one game but the type of fan who won't pay
full price next week etc. However when you have 2 games within a couple of days
it makes great sense to me to do some deal where it is cheaper to buy tickets
for both - maybe make Saturday a Cat B for those who buy for tomorrow at the
same time.  .I am not suggesting a bogof or similar, just a fiver maybe over
the two tickets. It makes it just a little bit easier on the wallet, looks like
the club cares (even though it doesn't of course) and gives fans an incentive
to buy both rather than, what
seems to have happened here, choose between the two games

At the risk of totally contradicting myself, I think the attendance on Saturday
shows, yet again, that price is not the overiding consideration when it comes
to whether or not a fan attends a particular game