After having Vancouver host the winter games just over two years ago, with totally sold out events each and every day...where do you get this line?

Best of all though, nobody turns up!

You've got to be kidding! Summer Games, Winter Games.....huge crowds....and you say nobody shows up?

I was in sports broadcasting for many years.....my highlight was covering the games in Munich in 1972...my lowlight was covering the same games with the terrible murders of the Israelis. I also covered the 1976 summer games in Montreal....and winter games in Calgary in 1988. No one can tell me the games themselves are a farce......yes, there are sad goings on in the background.....but, bloody hell, there are sad goings on in any event....including football. One event comes to mind....that Argentinian with his hand of God. And,the diving, virtually every three or four minutes of every game.....be it Premier League or Non-Conference. You think the young kids, watching football in person or on the telly, really think they can be stars in this game and play the game as it should be played? Only if they cheat, I'd say. I've said many times on this site that I love the game of football.....trouble is, I remember said game when the game was played like it was in the 50's, 60's and 70's. Not this fall down, ouch he tripped me, ouch that was an elbow to the knockers, ouch he kicked my knee.

The powers to be need to wake up.....the game could go the same way the National Hockey League is going....goon hockey. I don't think we're ready for that. At least I'm not!