Well not a performance to get excited about but better than anything in the
last world cup, at least this lot seemed like they were trying. Still very
frustrating to watch us defend so deep, especially against the likes of Nasri,
Ribery and Benezema, all of who have a good shot. Overall it seemed like
Hodgson knows we're rubbish in the skill dept so played to our strengths which
I guess is defending.
Negatives - without Rooney we don't really have a lot of attacking options,
Wellbeck and Young just didn't cause the defenders enough problems. Oxlade had
a good first 20 mins and then seemed to disappear after his yellow. No one
really ran at the french defence, with the possible exception of Milner.
Positives - I thought Milner had a good game, as did Johnson, and Scott Parker
worked his little cotton socks off. Lescott did well but Terry is a lump. Just
wish we had a midfielder who could put their foot on the ball and spray a few
decent passes around.
Ref seemed to allow alot of barging, Ribery in particular seemed to get away
with a lot of shoving.
I think the players will be pleased and think they did a good job and that the
hard part is over so we'll get tonked in the next two games and be out before
the knockout stages.

Jeremy