> It's a fixture that hardly ever takes place. Before last season, the
previous meetings were in 1971 and 1967.
> The 1967 Blackpool-Leeds game was the first football match I ever saw!

My old Dad used to tell of how he and his mate decided to take the wives
along to that 1967 match, since it would be a nice weekend away.  They were
horrified when, completely innocently, my Mum decided to wear her new
all-orange trouser suit - they then had to endure many jibes from their
fellow Leeds supporters in the crowd.  My Dad always suspected she'd done it
on purpose, since she was actually born in Blackpool...

Nigel