I'd guess Warnock is looking to the emergency window, which will open once
the Prem clubs have submitted their 25-man squads and we'll see who's
available.

As I understand it, the takeover is still on, but negotiations are a bit
fraught.

Buyers want Ken to sign an indemnity against any future skeletons in
closets that might turn up. Ken refuses, telling the buyers (correctly IMO) to
use the due diligence process to go through the books properly. Hence
progress  is slow.

Mark

>>So transfer window has shut tight, cuddly Ken has screwed us yet  again
and now there is no more word of the takeover. We've been royally shafted
(again) have we not?????<<