Brilliant news that Yorkshire have been promoted back to the County C/ship
Div 1 (and even better that Wancashire are going the other
way................what a change from last year!)

But what a scandal that Yorkshire were not Champions. It was just like 1972
all over again...............we were clearly the best team in the league,
yet somehow some jammy pipsqueaks from Derby ended up scraping ahead of us
in the table. This time, we finished level with Derbyshire on 194 pts, but
they took the title for having won 6 games against our 5. But if you take
into account that in both the games we played against them, they were saved
from certain defeat by rain, then those wins are less significant.

PLUS..........their last game against Hampshire was a scandal. Hants just
gave up.............with the destination of the title at stake, they put on
one bowler with a record of 53 wkts from 62 games, and another with an
average of 65. FIX! Rain was forecast as well.